Who to ask to be your bridesmaids
It isn’t compulsory to have bridesmaids, but getting your friends and family involved with the wedding planning can make it a lot of fun! It will feel natural to have them by your side on your big day, so here a few tips on deciding who to ask to join you in walking down the aisle.
- Take your time to think about who you want as part of your bridal party and talk it through with your fiancé. There will be people who you want to ask straight away and other people that you aren’t so sure about.
- Don’t forget that being a bridesmaid isn’t just about looking pretty for the photos on the day, so you will also need someone reliable, who will be willing to help you plan different elements of your wedding day and perhaps your hen party.
- There is no limit to how many bridesmaids you can have, but do take into account your budget if you are paying for dresses, hair and makeup.
- Family members will be touched to be included on team bride, so include you and your partner’s favourite female relatives.
- Choose friends who have been there for you through thick and thin. However, if you can’t choose between your group of friends, then find other ways to include them. Make sure that you invite them all to your hen party and if your friends have children, then why not ask them to be your flower girls or page boys!
Just remember that it is your day so don’t feel obliged to pick someone as a bridesmaid!
How to “pop" the question to your bridesmaids
Asking your friends and relatives to be bridesmaids can be a very special and emotional moment, so here are a few ideas for how you can ask your them to take a leading role on your special day:
- Send her a personalised card with a heartfelt message. If you have already chosen your wedding invitations, then why not personalise a matching save the date card with the big question! You could even include your favourite photo of the two of you!
- Create a bridesmaid box full of her favourite treats. She will be unable to say no, once she sees the beautiful gifts that you have put together, so check out our DIY bridesmaid box for more ideas.
- Apply a custom label to her favourite bottle of wine. If you love a catch up over a glass of wine, then next time, surprise her with a personalised bottle of wine or bubbly to start the wedding celebrations early!
- Propose to your bridesmaids with jewellery. We aren’t talking about a fine diamond like the one on your finger, instead, create a personalised pendant for each of your bridesmaids, or make cute friendship bracelets like back in school!
- Ask the all-important question over Skype. If you can’t wait until you next see your friend to “pop the question”, then organise a Skype date. When she answers your call, she will see you pop up with your “Will you be my bridesmaid?” sign, so make sure that your volume is on a low setting ready for the deafening squeals of excitement!
How can Rosemood help?
We have given you a head start and have personalised our “Rustic Floral” thank you cards to create exclusive Maid of Honour and bridesmaids cards just for you! Your all-important question is surrounded by a delicate floral crown, featuring our luxurious metallic copper foiling.
These Maid of Honour and bridesmaids cards come with envelopes so that you can “pop the question” in person or by post. That just leaves you to decide who you are going to send them to!
We are giving away 100 of these gorgeous “Will you be my Maid of Honour?” cards so that you can ask the most important member of your bridal party first! If you would like to win one, all you have to do is fill out your details on the following form before the 14th of February 2018.
In order to give you some extra time to think about who is going to be your bridesmaids, we will be giving away some of our matching “Will you be my bridesmaid?” cards at a later date. Follow us on Instagram to make sure that you don’t miss your chance to get your hands on our beautiful bridesmaids cards.