Wedding decorations are an essential part of your big day and will help you create a cohesive theme across your different venues. Start off by deciding upon your wedding colour scheme or theme and then hit Pinterest to start gathering together your wedding ideas, before creating your wedding decoration shopping list.
From flowers to signage, there are a lot of options out there when it comes to your wedding decorations so before you hit the shops, think first about what it is that you need to decorate. Well-placed wedding decorations can create a beautiful backdrop for your wedding ceremony and reception, and your attention to detail is sure to impress your guests. Not sure where to start? Take a look at our top 10 tips for choosing your wedding decorations to help narrow down your wedding ideas.
Top tips for choosing your wedding table decorations
1. Create depth and height: Vases and candles in varying heights add drama and romance to your tablescape and can draw the eye to your venue's beautiful high ceilings.
2. But think about visibility: tall centrepieces are stunning and break up a plain space but remember not to put these at head height so that your guests can still chat across the tables.
3. Explore your chosen colour palette: choose an accent colour to tie all of your decorative elements together, exploring different shades of the same colour to add depth and variety to your decor.
4. Choose seasonal flowers or foliage: Seasonal blooms will help tie your wedding decorations in with the time of year and are a budget-friendly option too!
5. Consider some DIY wedding decorations: from DIY wedding table plans to wedding favours, you can save some pennies by creating some of the easier decorations yourself, allowing you to splash out on your floral arrangements.
6. Embrace your venue: Opt for small finishing touches for a venue with a large amount of decor such as country houses with patterned wallpaper, or go for larger and more vibrant decorative items if you’re celebrating in a warehouse, barn or another stripped back venue.
7. Stick to your theme: choose your decorative items based on your theme, with lace being a great vintage touch and natural fabrics such as rattan or linen adding to your rustic ambience.
8. Add a touch of personality: incorporate details of your personalities and shared interests into your decorations.
9. Consider the space on your tables: don’t clutter your tables with too many decorations to allow your guests to enjoy their meal comfortably and make sure you adapt your decorations to suit the shape of your tables too!
10. Use your wedding stationery as inspiration: the motifs and details of your wedding stationery may just inspire your floral arrangements or the colour of your napkins!
Turning your wedding vision into a reality is not going to be easy, but we are here to help with some wedding table decoration ideas to suit our wedding stationery collections perfectly! You can also check out our wedding Pinterest boards for even more inspiration!